James Gocel, Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Neuroscience, Psychiatric Institute, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
• B.A., Music, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- James Gocel, Ph.D. provides technical consultation across a wide range of scientific and engineering fields.
• Industry, start-up and technology transfer experience includes automatic data capture and food science technologies, invention harvesting and marketing.
• Research experience includes electrophysiology, neurobiology, microscopy, imaging, molecular biology, and pharmacology.
- Gocel J and Larson J, “Evidence for loss of synaptic AMPA receptors in anterior piriform cortex of aged mice”, Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience, 5: 39, 2013
• Gocel J and Larson J, “Synaptic NMDA receptor-mediated currents in anterior piriform cortex are reduced in the adult Fragile X mouse”, Neuroscience, 221:170-81, 2012
• Kadriu B, Gocel J, Larson J, Guidotti A, Davis JM, Nambiar MP, Auta J, “Absence of tolerance to the anticonvulsant and neuroprotective effects of Imidazenil against DFP-Induced seizure and neuronal damage” Neuropharmacology, 61(8):1463-9, 2011