- J.D., with honors, Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan
- M.S., Engineering, Oakland University, Rochester, Michigan
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Lawrence Technological University, Southfield, Michigan
- Donald J. Lewis currently represents clients in a variety of patent matters, including patent portfolio management and strategy development, patent procurement, and patent appeals.
- Has over five years of in-house experience with intellectual property matters including patent procurement, non-infringement and design-around client counseling.
- Has drafted and prosecuted patents in a range of technical fields, including electronic feedback control systems, automotive electronics, electromechanical actuators, engine and transmission systems, and computer software.
- Technical Specialist for Ford Motor Company in the area of engine systems and emissions.
- Awarded Ford Scientific Research Technical Achievement Award
- Named inventor on more than 90 United States Patents to date.
- Research experience in the areas of vehicle emissions, engine control systems, engine system signal processing, and electromechanical engine actuators.
- Designed engine and transmission manufacture test systems.
- Designed prototype circuitry for engine and transmission systems.
- Registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.