Sowmya Venkatakrishnan, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Plant Cellular and Molecular Biology, The Ohio State University, Ohio
- M.Sc. (Honors) Biological Sciences, Birla institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, India
- B.E. (Honors) Electrical and Electronics, Birla institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, India
- Sowmya Venkatakrishnan provides technical consultation across a wide range of scientific and engineering fields.
- Research experience includes molecular biology, biochemistry, protein biology, cell biology, genetics, plant immunology, and plant biology.
- Interned at Technology Transfer and Business Development office at Oregon Health and Science University, evaluating research potential to bridge academic research to industry.
- Venkatakrishnan S, Mackey D, Meier I. Functional Investigation of the Plant-Specific Long Coiled-Coil Proteins PAMP-INDUCED COILED-COIL (PICC) and PICC-LIKE (PICL) in Arabidopsis thaliana. PLoS ONE. 2013; 8(2):e57283.
- Xu XM, Rose A, Muthuswamy S, Jeong SY, Venkatakrishnan S, Zhao X, and Meier I. NUCLEAR PORE ANCHOR, the Arabidopsis Homolog of Tpr/Mlp1/Mlp2/Megator, Is Involved in mRNA Export and SUMO Homeostasis and Affects Diverse Aspects of Plant Development. Plant Cell. 2007; 19: 1537-1548.